Cheesy rice parcels!
It has been more than a year since i have posted something on my blog. This recipe won me a price at a cooking competition and thus i thought it is a great reason to start blogging again.
( SERVES 4)
For The Filling:
- 1 cup over boiled rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped and boiled carrot, capsicum and corn
- 2 tbsp finely chopped spring onions
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp oregano herb
- 1 tsp chilly flakes
- salt and black pepper according to taste
For The Dough:
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup refined flour ( Maida )
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 cup water (approximately)
Oil to fry
Cheese and Coriander leaves for garnishing
For The Dough:
- In a bowl, mix rice flour, refined flour, salt and oil.
- Knead a soft dough with water. keep aside for 15 minutes
For the Filling:
- Heat butter in a wok. Add garlic and saute till golden brown.
- Add mixed vegetables and saute for 1 minute.
- Add spring onions and saute for 1 minute.
- Add shredded cheese, milk and mix well. Cook till cheese melts.
- Add salt, pepper, chilly flakes and oregano. Mix well.
- Turn the flame off and add rice.Mix and let it cool to room temperature.
To make the parcels:
Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and make dough balls.
Take 1 ball and roll out a chapati. Cut a square of side 4 inches. Repeat the same with other balls.
Take a square and put 1-1.5 tbsp of filling in the center of the square forming a diamond.
Fold inwards the cover sheet sealing the corners in the center. ( see instruction image below)
Now deep fry your parcels until golden brown.
Garnish with grated cheese and coriander. Serve hot with garlic sauce.
Hello dear readers,
Here is the recipe of my all time favorite dish. With its creamy texture and pleasant taste, the dish is able to fetch you compliments of both kids and grown ups. It tastes best accompanied with Chilli Garlic naan.
For The White Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- A pinch of citric acid
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped french beans
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup chopped capsicum (optional)
- grated cheese
Baked Vegetables in creamy sauce
For the white sauce
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce.
- Heat butter in a pan and add the mixture.
- Cook with continuous stirring till a viscous white sauce is arrived at.
How to proceed
- Boil the vegetables with salt and sugar.
- Put the vegetables in a baking dish, pour the white sauce over it
- Put the grated cheese and bake at 150°c (300°f) for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Last weekend my college friends came over for lunch. They gave me a list of preparations they wanted to eat, thus, I was saved from the job of deciding what to serve… 🙂 Yet, they left the starter and welcome drink for me to decide.
After a little mind boggling session, I decided to serve Cheese corn balls with honey chilli sauce. I thought the creamy mild taste of cheese balls will perfectly meddle with the sweet and spicy taste of the sauce. Luckily the combination turned out to be great and my friend’s loved it. 🙂
Here are the recipes i followed, feel free to try and do let me know how u liked it 🙂
Cheese corn balls:
1.5 cup boiled sweet corn kernels
1 tbsp plain flour (maida)
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1 tsp chopped green chillies
3 to 4 cubes grated processed cheese
2 tbsp butter
salt to taste
- For the coating:
1/4 cup plain flour (turned into a thick paste by adding water, for coating)
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the flour and saute for a minute. Add milk and stir til the mixture becomes thick. Keep aside to cool.
- Add corn, coriander, green chilli, cheese and salt. Mix well.
- Take small portions of the mixture and shape into even sized balls.
- Dip the balls in the flour paste and then coat them with the breadcrumbs completely.(If bread crumbs aren’t available, you can use grounded parmal rice for the coating)
- Chill for 10-15 minutes and then deep fry.
Can be served with hot garlic sauce, honey chilli sauce, mexican salsa sauce or spicy pudina chutney as per your wish.
Honey chilli sauce:
- 1/2 cup honey.
- 2-3 finely chopped green chillies.
- 1tsp red chilli powder.
- 1/4 cup water.
- 1tsp red chilli sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients into a uniform consistency.
Hope you guys like the recipes.
Any tips and suggestions are most welcome.. 🙂
Hello dear readers,
I have always had an inclination towards cooking, but never took it seriously before. I love to eat and thus i can manage cooking 🙂
Now that I am having my vacations, I m trying my hand on experimental cooking 🙂
When it comes to cooking, the most difficult part is to decide what is it that i want to cook? and will it turn out to be tasty?
There are thousands of recipes over the net..if you go looking for, but, not every recipe turns out really great. And when, after a lot of hard work, your dish doesn’t fetches the compliments you are expecting… You really are disappointed.
This page on my blog is dedicated to recipes that i have tried and have resulted in lip smacking delicacies.
( If you have any tips and suggestions, you are most welcome)