It has been more than a year since i have posted something on my blog. This recipe won me a price at a cooking competition and thus i thought it is a great reason to start blogging again.
( SERVES 4)
For The Filling:
- 1 cup over boiled rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped and boiled carrot, capsicum and corn
- 2 tbsp finely chopped spring onions
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp oregano herb
- 1 tsp chilly flakes
- salt and black pepper according to taste
For The Dough:
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup refined flour ( Maida )
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 cup water (approximately)
Oil to fry
Cheese and Coriander leaves for garnishing
For The Dough:
- In a bowl, mix rice flour, refined flour, salt and oil.
- Knead a soft dough with water. keep aside for 15 minutes
For the Filling:
- Heat butter in a wok. Add garlic and saute till golden brown.
- Add mixed vegetables and saute for 1 minute.
- Add spring onions and saute for 1 minute.
- Add shredded cheese, milk and mix well. Cook till cheese melts.
- Add salt, pepper, chilly flakes and oregano. Mix well.
- Turn the flame off and add rice.Mix and let it cool to room temperature.
To make the parcels:
Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and make dough balls.
Take 1 ball and roll out a chapati. Cut a square of side 4 inches. Repeat the same with other balls.
Take a square and put 1-1.5 tbsp of filling in the center of the square forming a diamond.
Fold inwards the cover sheet sealing the corners in the center. ( see instruction image below)
Now deep fry your parcels until golden brown.
Garnish with grated cheese and coriander. Serve hot with garlic sauce.