Hello dear readers,
Here is the recipe of my all time favorite dish. With its creamy texture and pleasant taste, the dish is able to fetch you compliments of both kids and grown ups. It tastes best accompanied with Chilli Garlic naan.
For The White Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- A pinch of citric acid
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped french beans
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup chopped capsicum (optional)
- grated cheese
Baked Vegetables in creamy sauce
For the white sauce
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce.
- Heat butter in a pan and add the mixture.
- Cook with continuous stirring till a viscous white sauce is arrived at.
How to proceed
- Boil the vegetables with salt and sugar.
- Put the vegetables in a baking dish, pour the white sauce over it
- Put the grated cheese and bake at 150°c (300°f) for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Last weekend my college friends came over for lunch. They gave me a list of preparations they wanted to eat, thus, I was saved from the job of deciding what to serve… 🙂 Yet, they left the starter and welcome drink for me to decide.
After a little mind boggling session, I decided to serve Cheese corn balls with honey chilli sauce. I thought the creamy mild taste of cheese balls will perfectly meddle with the sweet and spicy taste of the sauce. Luckily the combination turned out to be great and my friend’s loved it. 🙂
Here are the recipes i followed, feel free to try and do let me know how u liked it 🙂
Cheese corn balls:
1.5 cup boiled sweet corn kernels
1 tbsp plain flour (maida)
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1 tsp chopped green chillies
3 to 4 cubes grated processed cheese
2 tbsp butter
salt to taste
- For the coating:
1/4 cup plain flour (turned into a thick paste by adding water, for coating)
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the flour and saute for a minute. Add milk and stir til the mixture becomes thick. Keep aside to cool.
- Add corn, coriander, green chilli, cheese and salt. Mix well.
- Take small portions of the mixture and shape into even sized balls.
- Dip the balls in the flour paste and then coat them with the breadcrumbs completely.(If bread crumbs aren’t available, you can use grounded parmal rice for the coating)
- Chill for 10-15 minutes and then deep fry.
Can be served with hot garlic sauce, honey chilli sauce, mexican salsa sauce or spicy pudina chutney as per your wish.
Honey chilli sauce:
- 1/2 cup honey.
- 2-3 finely chopped green chillies.
- 1tsp red chilli powder.
- 1/4 cup water.
- 1tsp red chilli sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients into a uniform consistency.
Hope you guys like the recipes.
Any tips and suggestions are most welcome.. 🙂